Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...Japan

It's been far too long since my last post and I apologize for this. It's been very hectic but things have started to finally settle down. I was living in Tokyo, Japan and then left for Singapore to be in a student film, and then a week's vacation in Thailand to see some friends. In that time however, Japan had a horrible 9.0 earthquake followed by a tsunami and scares of radiation poisoning from the devastated nuclear plants in Fukushima. After extending my trip in Thailand from a week to a month, my boyfriend and I decided to go to NYC (where I'm from) for a few months until things settled down a little more in Japan. So it looks like our summer will be spent in NY, which isn't the worst thing. It feels very strange to have left Tokyo on vacation and not to be able to go back however. I find myself feeling guilty and missing my friends in Japan. I love them all dearly and I pray for the speedy recovery of the country. Everywhere I go I'm finding people coming together to help in whatever way they can. Japan has touched so many people and it is great to see people giving back.
I'm looking forward to going back as soon as I can. Japan, you're in my thoughts and prayers. And to all my friends, I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment