Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

...nyc hotels!

For my work (at Karen Bussen Wedding and Events) I do a lot of really fun things. I've followed Karen to the Martha Stewart radio show a few times, I've gone to events, met with several really amazing and creative vendors and clients, and have been a part of the planning of lots of super awesome weddings to come! Unfortuntely, I'm not allowed to share any of that awesomeness with anyone :( It's really hard to be honest with you. When I find a good thing, I like to share it. My last assignment, however, was not top secret! I was assigned the task of choosing 3 new hotels in NYC (which in itself was difficult), make appointments with their event managers, and then visit with them to take a look first hand at their hotels/event spaces. In the event world, it's really important to stay on top of new spaces so that you can be the best informant to your clients.
I'd like to promote these fabulous hotels because not only did they have exquisite detail and beautiful spaces, but their staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. I don't know about you, but when I come in contact with unpleasant people working in the service industry, it really puts me off. So hurray for the following hotels!

The James Hotel (in Soho)
The Eventi Hotel (Chelsea)
The Trump Soho (Soho)

(I know, I know...I'm not a fan of Trump either--but the hotel is undeniably gorgeous). 

The James:

Their outdoor event space that neighbors David Burke's Restaurant. Usually the space is not tented but because of the for foreshadowing of rain they set this up. 






The attached inside portion of the above photo

Penthouse.

Part of David Burke's Restaurant which does the catering for all events at the James. The cabanas are made from recycled and eco friendly materials.

The Eventi Hotel:

Inside the Event Suite's First Room that opens up to the Terrace

Veranda South Terrace

Veranda South Terrace (amazing views! And you can even have a wedding ceremony up here!)

 Eventi Suite's second room which opens up to the Veranda Terrace

Screening Room 





The Trump Soho:

Super sexy Gastronomia Restaurant serving Northern Italian food.

One could even hold an event by the pool!

The SoHi Room. Nearly a 360 degree view of the city.

The SoHi Room set up and with blue lighting.




These are just a few pictures of a selection of the respective hotel's event spaces. If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

1 comment:

  1. Those places look gorgeous! I especially like the Gastronomia Restaurant. It must feel great to eat there and chill.

    pattaya holiday packages

    ReplyDelete